Saturday, April 17, 2010

One Year and Counting

The boys had their first birthday on Wednesday.  Wow.  The first six months were probably the longest six months of my life.  Every day was new and different.  Then suddenly time went into hyper drive, and here I sit the mother of two toddlers wondering how this day came about so fast.  I had been getting a little freaked out lately because I was losing my babies.  Being a mother of IVF infants, knowing it will never happen again is a hard pill to swallow. 

But, a month ago I was shopping for sun hats at Old Navy and not seeing anything I liked in the baby section.  I am not lying when I say that up until this day I had never noticed the toddler boy section.  It was on the other side of the store - far away from my baby focused eyes.  I only discovered it because I saw a clearance sign and what I knew was a baby outfit.  I decided to see what else was on that rack.  (Cue the dramatic music...) My eye caught sight of a little t-shirt on a table with Yoda on it.  12-18 months.  What???  I checked out another t-shirt.  Same size.  (Cue some more music...) Wait!  All these clothes would fit my kids and they are soooooo cute!  Not baby cute, but cool cute!  When I got home, I told my husband all about it in a rush of words and excitement.  I am sure he thought I was nuts.

Since then, it has been like a whole new world is opening up.  We planted flowers in the planters outside together. We figured out how to climb onto the stroller and climb all the way up onto the handle bars (oh yes).   The twins now own fun, big boy toys like swings, ride-on-giraffes, musical instruments, and push toys .  (P.S. Apparently twin toddlers need two of everything.  Sharing is hard when you can't say, "mine!")  And, if that wasn't enough, last week Carter took his first steps.  Just wait until they are both walking...  who knows what we will be doing then.

Watch out world, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment